- Competitions are open to paid up members only.
- Hand in dates will be published no later than the 1st week in May preceding the upcoming competition season, entries maybe submitted at any time but no entries will be accepted after the hand in date.
- All entries must be original pictures that are the work of the author.
- All entries must have a title.
- All entries must be submitted with the correct entry form showing the same title.
- All entries must not have been entered into any previous Buckley Camera Club internal competition as a print or DPI.
- Composited images are accepted (unless otherwise stated in competition brief), the author must have taken all constituent parts that go into making the final image.
- The maximum size for all images is 1600 pixels wide x 1200 pixels high.
- Images should be saved in .jpg format with sRGB colourspace.
- Images will be supplied to the secretary on a memory stick clearly marked with your name.
- Digital images will be projected onto a white screen, all areas outside of your image will be black, you may wish to add a keyline to your finished image.
- All images must be mounted on a 50cm x 40cm mount.
- The print must be a minimum of 25cm on its longest side.
- Your competition number and title will be on the top left corner on the rear of the mount in pencil.
- Mounts must not have stickers, labels, tape or ink on the rear.
- Digital copies of your final prints must be submitted on a memory stick with your entries.
We use Di-Centra, a dedicated competition software to run and score our competitions. It is important that when handing in your memory stick it is formatted exactly as shown below. Pay careful note to the spaces, do not use full stops, hypens, underscores or anything similar.
- The main folder should consist of your competition number and name of the competition (number ) ( space ) ( Competition ).
- In that main folder should be one folder for each section you are entering, i.e. one for PDI's and one for printed images.
- within each folder should be numbered and named exactly as shown, i.e. ( number ) ( space ) ( image title ).
- The screen size for Projected images is 1600 pixels wide x 1200 pixels high. If you are entering an image in portrait orientation, the maximum height is still 1200 px.
- Di-centra will be set to project images on a 1600 x 1200 canvas. The canvas will be black, if your image is smaller than the 1600 x 1200 resolution the area around your image will be black. Adding a keyline to make your images stand out is good practice.
- Judges will be asked to score each image out of 20 points.
- Each entrants points will be added together to make their final score for the year
- Prizes will be awarded for 1st 2nd and 3rd places in the DPI secion, the print section with the total scores being counted towards the Club Photographer of the Year